Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Roasted Veggies

086 Sorry that I’ve been absent for a few days. Last week’s busy schedule caught up with me! I made these roasted veggies for supper Monday night and decided that I had to share them with you. I LOVE these veggies! They are super easy to make and so versatile. You can use whatever veggies you have kicking around in the fridge. I used baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, beets and potatoes. I have also thrown in fresh zucchini, mushrooms, onion….the list goes on. What I haven’t used, but plan on adding is turnip. I think it would be great as well. On the grocery list this week!

I start by heating my oven to 400 deg (or if I’m baking something else at a different temperature I just adjust the baking time of the veggies and go with the other required temperature).

I like to line a baking dish with parchment paper so that the veggies don’t stick to the sides and/or bottom (I’ve had this happen even after brushing with oil). Wash your veggies and cut into uniform, bite-sized pieces. Place veggies into lined baking dish.

080

Drizzle on some oil (I use olive or canola). Sprinkle with a generous amount of Italian seasoning. Mix well.

 081 082083

Cover with aluminum foil. Pop in the oven for approximately 1 hour. Stir veggies after 30 mins.

084

Remove from oven and carefully remove foil (there will be a lot of steam). Serve immediately and enjoy!

086

~ Wendy ~

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! With my new job situation I'm on the hunt for easy dinner ideas because "what's for dinner?" has to be one of my most hated questions! Are your girls good veggie eaters? We really like to use italian dressing to add flavour to things. It makes roast chicken taste amazing!

    Hope we can catch up in the next few days. I've been feeling lazy when I get home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I absolutely love to hear comments so please feel free to leave one!