Friday, 3 August 2012

MIA

033Hello all….so it appears that I have been MIA (missing in action) for over a week now. No, I did not drop off the face of the earth. I have been super busy hanging out with my brother {L} & sister in law {S} (and my nieces – two cats & one adorable dog) who were visiting from Alberta and my brother {T} who is here from Australia. We’ve also been lucky enough to catch up with cousins from Saskatchewan and family friends from B.C. This is another full week of visiting as my mom’s family reunion will attract relatives from across western Canada.

DP & I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary yesterday and are looking forward to some couple time this afternoon and evening as we head to Winnipeg for supper at The Keg followed by a Blue Bombers game! CP & NP reminded me that every year on our anniversary I try on my wedding dress so I did that this morning and let the girls try it on too! Does anyone else have a similar custom?!

I was so excited to share my projects with {L} & {S} and to talk about all the wonderful ideas we have for upcoming projects. We share the same tastes and really feed off of each other. I sure wish we lived closer!

{L} taught me how to use a MIG welder yesterday which was incredibly exciting and has me thinking about a whole new world of things I could do. Here’s a sneak peek at what we handcrafted (more to follow in the next few days…..)

078

We also hit the scrap pile and barn at my grandma’s to see what goodies we could find. I didn’t take my camera out of the truck so can’t show you what all we found, but can tell you we came across some old saw blades, an old toboggan, an old ladder, storm windows and SO much more! I have to get cracking and get some cool things accomplished!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I promise to be back on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I absolutely love to hear comments so please feel free to leave one!