Thursday, 28 June 2012

Clipboard Teacher Gift

072 The last day of school is upon us! CP has had a wonderful Grade 2 year and has been fortunate to have another terrific teacher. I had great plans for Mrs. Y’s gift – unfortunately it didn’t quite turn out as planned. I worked on a name block for her yesterday only to discover that the original coat of paint was starting to peel off along with the new coats of paint and her name. I was quite frustrated and feeling a little melancholy over the fact that my last two projects didn’t quite turn out the way I wanted. Needless to say this is why I didn’t share a project this past Wednesday! 
 
I had another couple of ideas floating around in my head for clipboard artwork so Thursday morning before heading to work I took a quick peek on Pinterest and found this gem. I quickly saved the free printable – thank you eighteen25


I took a trip to town during my lunch break and picked up a clipboard from Dollarama and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen from a great scrapbooking store – Love Is In The Details {you can also shop online and they are super friendly & always willing to go the extra mile to help you find a product. Lori looked online and then called around to another store in town today to find me graphite paper – thank you!}.
  064   067

I had some ivory cardstock on hand so printed out two copies of the printable {one extra in case I made an error with the distressing ink}. When I arrived home I took a paper towel, blotted the ink pad and then rubbed the ink onto the edges of the printable. I love how it gave it an aged feel. 
 065 068 070 071

I then placed the printable on the clipboard and instantly had a cute piece of artwork for Mrs. Y’s classroom! I hope she likes it as much as I do. I plan on making one for myself and adding it to our homeschool area {stay tuned for more…}. 

072 073 
Total cost of project: $7.75 plus tax

Clipboard from Dollarama $1.25

Tim Holtz Distressing Ink from Love Is In The Details - $6.50

Paper – free as I had it on hand

Printable – free from eighteen25

3 comments:

  1. Well, it probably won't surprise you that I have this Eighteen 25 download saved somewhere on my computer (and not just because I'm a teacher)! Even if Plan A didn't work out for you, Plan B is an awesome alternative! I actually worked for a teacher this year who had this print framed and on display by her desk. I love subway artwork.

    The antique linen colour that you picked up is perfect for distressing - it's so subtle yet makes a big impact. I am definitely going to check out that online scrapbook store!

    I hope that's it for goodbye and teacher gifts because it certainly seems like you've had to put together a lot of them this month :) June is always such a crazy month.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous idea - I absolutely love it!
    It's so fun to see what everyone makes with the products they purchase,
    thanks so much for showing me!

    Loving your blog, I will be back often!

    Enjoy the long weekend!

    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like how the print looks on that paper with the distressing ink. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I absolutely love to hear comments so please feel free to leave one!