Monday, 7 May 2012

Michelle's Super Icing

I got this icing recipe from my good friend Michelle who is a very talented cake-decorator. She has been very helpful to me and I know that if I ever have a question or problem (to do with cakes or anything else) I can always give her a call.

This recipe is great for frosting cakes or cupcakes and it does not crust. I usually use it for my base layer and then do the Buttercream Transfer (will post on this later) with, as the name suggests, Wilton Class ButterCream frosting.

I find that I have plenty of icing for a 9 x 13 sheet cake after I have divided the recipe in half.


Michelle's Super Icing

1 cup margarine
1 cup Crisco, white
1/4 cup warm water
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 kg bag icing sugar
Pinch of meringue powder (or dream whip)

Dissolve salt, corn syrup in water. Whip margarine, Crisco, water mixture. Slowly add icing sugar and meringue powder Beat until smooth. Take care to not over-beat as bubbles will form.

I always use

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I absolutely love to hear comments so please feel free to leave one!