Monday, 21 May 2012

Last Name Artwork

Check out this easy and fun DIY Last Name Artwork.
 
When I was getting set to do the gallery wall and gathering inspiration from various sites I noticed this cool piece of artwork on from Gardners 2 Bergers blog. I thought it would be the perfect piece to have in the middle of our gallery wall (with our own info of course!). 


from Gardners 2 Bergers

I read over the tutorial on from Gardners 2 Bergers blog, but had to make some adjustments since I don't have Microsoft Publisher. I first went to search for all of the letters and numbers I needed from Leo Reynold's site. He has taken thousands of photos and you are welcome to use them as long as it is for personal use. This is rather time consuming, but fun trying to pick out what suits your family. CP helped me and picked out the perfect "N" that has a piece of wheat on it! I also had to download two "fillers" that could be used to take up blank spaces in the artwork. You may have to do this depending on the amount of letters in your name.

I saved all the required numbers, letters and fillers and then tried to think of what program I could make this in. That was when I remembered using Picasa in the past for collages. I went into their site, chose the appropriate photo size (Square CD Cover) for the frame I had on hand and uploaded the letters, numbers and fillers and arranged them. I saved my artwork to black & white and then printed on a piece of photo paper. I cut it down to fit my frame, placed in the frame and hung it on the wall. Pretty easy project! 


 Cost of this project:

Photo frame - Free as I had it on hand
Artwork - Free 
Printing - Free as I did it on my home printer and had the photo paper on hand

Total cost - FREE!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Your project turned out beautifully! ANd of course the cost rocked!
    xo Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about making a gallery wall since I have so many fun printables and projects pinned.

    I made something just like this for my niece's first birthday. I can't believe that all these amazing photos are FREE!

    Seriously, it is bizarre how similar we are with the projects we choose!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I absolutely love to hear comments so please feel free to leave one!