Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Cheery Coffee Filter Banner



When I first started venturing out into blog land I came across a fun idea to do with the kids. As I mentioned, I love doing crafts and this looked fun and easy. Unfortunately, I didn't save the source. If you know of it or find it please let me know so that I can give credit where it is due. 
 

The first thing you need to do is grab a few unused coffee filters and flatten them out. Let the kids (or yourself) draw on the filters with markers. 

Cut a piece of twine / jute to string up wherever you like. Attach your coffee filter masterpieces to the twine with a clothes pin. I put our banner up on the deck railing for a couple of days before moving it inside where it has resided since probably Easter! 


The original tutorial suggested taking a water bottle and letting the kids spray their masterpieces and once dry they would produce a tie-die effect. I love ours the way it is so haven't wanted to change them just yet. The banner adds some cheeriness to our dining area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I absolutely love to hear comments so please feel free to leave one!